The Tragically Hip have announced that front man Gord Downie has terminal brain cancer.
The band’s website www.thehip.com released the information today with the request of no media interviews regarding Gord’s health moving forward. The band will go out for “one last tour”, saying “this feels like the right thing to do now, for Gord, and for all of us”.
Here are the upcoming tour dates:
- Victoria, Jul 22. Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre.
- Vancouver, Jul 24. Rogers Arena.
- Edmonton, Jul 28. Rexall Place.
- Calgary, Aug 1. Scotiabank Saddledome.
- Winnipeg, Aug 5. MTS Centre.
- London, Ont., Aug. 8. Budweiser Gardens.
- Toronto, Aug 10. Air Canada Centre
- Toronto, Aug. 12. Air Canada Centre.
- Hamilton , Aug. 16. Firstontario Centre.
- Ottawa, Aug. 18. Canadian Tire Centre.
- Kingston, Aug. 20. Rogers K-Rock Centre.
The Tragically Hip, who have received 17 JUNO awards over a career spanning four decades, will release their 14th studio album “Man Machine Poem” on June 17. The first single is “In A World Possessed By The Human Mind”.