Beginning this U.S. Thanksgiving week, SiriusXM College Sports Nation will air a special eight-part radio series focused on the history behind several of the most storied rivalries in the history of college football. Gridiron Grudges: College Football’s Fiercest Rivalries will debut on Monday, Nov. 23, and air throughout Thanksgiving Week, leading up to this season’s versions of these rivalry games.
Gridiron Grudges will feature all of the rivalries listed below.
- Ohio State-Michigan (Series dates back to 1897)
- Auburn-Alabama, “The Iron Bowl” (1893)
- Clemson-South Carolina, “The Palmetto Bowl” (1896)
- UCLA-USC (1929)
- Florida-Florida State (1958)
- Georgia-Georgia Tech, “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate” (1893)
- Ole Miss-Mississippi State, “The Egg Bowl” (1901)
- Oklahoma-Oklahoma State (1904)
Each episode of the series will be devoted to capturing the history, intensity and emotions of the rivalries. Listeners will get an in-depth look at the origins of each long-standing match-up, and be able to relive historic moments and memorable game highlights, as well as hear the perspectives of players, coaches, and fans.