On March 12, 2017, Abbotsford native Adam Hadwin claimed his first PGA Tour win at the Valspar Championship and Canadians are taking notice.
When the likes of NHL superstars Jonathan Toews and Joe Thornton send you congratulatory text messages, you’re doing something right.
Adam is in the midst of a breakout season and booked his ticket to Augusta National in April for The Masters.
So who is Adam Hadwin? Just a regular west coast Canuck. Here’s 9 things you might not have known about Canada’s emerging PGA star:
1. Attended Louisville University on a Gold Scholarship and graduated with a degree in Business Management.
2. His started golfing at age 3.
3. His favourite sport growing up was actually Baseball and dreamed of playing in the Majors one day.
4. His driver is a Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 Degree.
5. His putter is an Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line – 34 inch.
6. If he wasn’t a golfer, he’d be a chef.
7. His Valspar Championship dinner was McDonald’s with his fiancé.
8. Vancouver Canucks fan.
9. He shot a 59. No big deal.
It looks like Adam Hadwin is here to stay and Canada is behind him.
ADAM HADWIN HIGHLIGHTS
For complete 24/7 golf coverage, tune in to SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio.