So what were your top political stories of 2015? Sadly, it was a year woefully short of political scandals. When did everyone get so earnest and upright?
Just kidding — it’s presidential campaign season! In the Press Pool with Julie Mason on SiriusXM’s POTUS channel 124, we are counting down the biggest political stories of the year, with Phil Elliot of Time, Jackie Kucinich from the Daily Beast and Josh Lederman of the AP.
Here’s the list:
10. Congressman Aaron Schock resigns
9. Planned Parenthood videos
8. The political fight over ISIS
7. The Republican presidential field
6. The visit of Pope Francis to the U.S.
5. The rise of the Berniacs
4. Gay marriage – Obama tweets #lovewins
2. Hillary Clinton email fiasco
1. All things Donald Trump.
And special mentions for: Janet Yellen raises interest rates, David Vitter’s Louisiana governor’s race, and Obama’s climate deal.