Reporting to the Senior Director, Customer Data Analytics
The Analyst, Retention Analytics, is primarily responsible for the monitoring, tracking, data validation and execution of all retention communications deployed to minimize non-pay and voluntary churn. This position will be responsible for developing new reports, as well as performing ongoing investigations and analysis, to ensure that campaigns are optimized and operationalized according to plans. Significant experience with SQL is required.
The candidate will be responsible for the following items:
- Work with Billing and Customer Care teams to obtain credit and collections reports; understand drivers for non-payment; and identify and implement solutions to minimize credits and reduce non-payment failures.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the retention team, including campaign management tasks like tracking department expenses and invoices, for marketing activities like direct mail, emails, etc. and department budgeting and forecasting.
- Perform data validation and mapping operations to create new reports as well as modify existing ones.
- Interact with external agencies and vendors to track campaigns and provide first level support.
- Act as the department’s point person for certain cross-functional company projects.
- Monitor and track all Retention communication events, ensuring that all communications are deployed as defined in marketing requirements.
- Document existing data flow and rules; oversee implementation of new rules.
- Perform ad hoc SQL queries, customer analysis and other analytical functions to support decision-making processes.
- Drive analysis on current and projected churn performance; provide decision-making support.
- Proactively monitor retention risks and opportunities, as well as trends, and provide recommendations.
- Produce management reporting and analysis, driving key insights, recommendations and proposed next steps.
- Conduct self-directed investigations of potential issues and opportunities; lead investigation of data and campaign operational issues with internal partners (e.g., IT, Finance and Customer Care), as well as external partners.
- Provide stakeholders with insights, recommendations, and regular reporting with respect to performance trends and potential gaps versus anticipated results.
- Deliver end-to-end issue resolution and new opportunity implementation with stakeholders, including operational and campaign changes to improve costs and non-pay recovery.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Level of Education
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, economics, business, or other quantitative discipline.
Job Related Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of marketing analytics, statistics, or other analytical methodology
- History of campaign execution, test analysis and program post-mortem analysis
- Experience reporting on, analyzing, and manipulating customer- and transactional-level data
- Experience using SQL, Python, Microsoft Excel
- Experience in subscription-based industry a definite asset
- Understanding of direct marketing and data mining principles
Skills and Background
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to handle and time-manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities
- A/B Testing & Experimentation
- Python (Pandas, Scikit-learn)
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- This position is frequently called upon to reach agreement with others to complete work activities; requires presenting a point of view at times and influencing others to adopt a specific course of action.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection within SiriusXM Canada, employment is conditional upon the ability to provide authorized proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, at least 14 days prior to starting employment with SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada acknowledges its obligations under the applicable human rights legislation and will comply with its duty to accommodate in appropriate cases.Apply for This Position