The senior application developer will be responsible for solutioning design, testing, maintenance and implementation of services in the commerce domain for the SiriusXM brands. Primary area of responsibility is to help with building solutions that support customer self-service and web based interfaces into our subscription management system.
- Contribute to the design of the next generation architecture, to meet the high growth needs of our company and customers for years to come.
- Maintain close collaboration with architects to ensure compliance with architectural decisions and development standards.
- Hands-on POCs and development with the technology stack at SiriusXM.
- Keep current with the security aspects of the application.
- Anticipate and resolve technical problems while instituting best practices and disciplines for software development.
- Model system behaviors using best practice methods for communicating design.
- Document system components and related interfaces.
- Adhere to coding standards, following high-level standards across all levels of design work.
- Provide feedback on proposed design solutions of peers; include accurate level-of-effort estimates.
- Interpret, understand and explain system-level diagrams and designs.
- Communicate to various lines of business at all levels of organization.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Level of Education
- Completion of university or college program in related computer science discipline
Job Related Experience
- Minimum 8 years of application development experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS cloud platform using event-driven, NoSQL, and serverless technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing the following:
- ECS EC2/Fargate, S3, RDS, DynamoDB
- Lambda, Step functions, SQS, Kenesis, DDB streams, EKS
- Experience with these languages:
- Enterprise Java, Scala
- Knowledge of Python will be a plus
- REST, Event Streaming
- Experience with Highly Scalable Systems and working knowledge of performance profiling
- Experience with Functional Programming
- Familiarity with Stripe payment and billing APIs will be a plus
- Design and articulate major aspects of highly scalable, reliable, and performant technical software solutions that leverage the AWS cloud platform and microservices
- Experience with billing and subscription management is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skills and Background
- Ability to deliver marginally to largely complex solutions with minimal supervision
- Solid organizational and planning skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritize and juggle
- Ability to work under shifting deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection within SiriusXM Canada, employment is conditional upon the ability to provide authorized proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, at least 14 days prior to starting employment with SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada acknowledges its obligations under the applicable human rights legislation and will comply with its duty to accommodate in appropriate cases.Apply for This Position