(the “Official Rules”)
1. Who is the sponsor?
‘Tragically Hip’s ‘Fully Completely’ Cineplex (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by SiriusXM Canada, Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“SiriusXM Canada”, “Sponsor”), the business name of Sirius XM Canada Inc. Whenever we refer to SiriusXM Canada Inc., ‘we,’ ‘our,’ ‘us,’ ‘xmradio.ca,’ ‘sirius.ca,’ or ‘siriusxm.ca’ in these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) we are referring to Sirius XM Canada Inc. and its affiliates.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any third-party social media or social networking service or site (each a “Third Party Service”), including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to SiriusXM Canada Inc. and not to any Third-Party Service.
The Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, as applicable. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations as between any of the entrants and SiriusXM Canada Inc. shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the provinces of Canada, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
2. Who is Eligible to Enter?
Subject to the conditions below, the Contest is only open to individual current SiriusXM Canada subscribers (commercial subscribers excluded) who are legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and who are of the age of majority at time of entry.
This promotion is open only to individuals who meet ALL of the following qualifications: (i) a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec); (ii) who is a current SiriusXM Canada Inc. subscriber; (iii) is of the age of majority as of the date of entry.; and (iv) will comply with all COVID-19 requirements for the event, event venue, and national travel. Do not enter this promotion if you do not meet all of the above qualifications.
By participating in this Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of SiriusXM Canada Inc. which are final in all matters relating to this Contest and furthermore acknowledge compliance with these Rules. Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of SiriusXM Canada Inc. are not eligible to enter. SiriusXM Canada Inc., or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers or distributors, prizing suppliers, any and all other companies associated with the Contest, and members of their immediate family (e.g., spouses, parents, domestic partners, children, siblings, grandparents) or household (i.e., people who share the same residence at least 3 months a year (whether related or not), and those with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled, are not eligible to win. SiriusXM Canada Inc. reserves the right to make the final decision in respect of any and all Contest matters.
3. Special Publicity Notice
By entering this Contest you grant to SiriusXM Canada Inc., to Sirius XM Radio Inc., and their respective promotional agents your express permission (except where prohibited by law) to use your original submission on the radio for entertainment purposes (without identifying you by full name), without further compensation. Also, by entering this Contest, if you are selected as a winner, you grant to Sponsor and its promotional agents your express permission (except where prohibited by law) to use your name, identity, description of prize won, hometown and likeness, if applicable, for promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including on the radio, and including for “live notification” of potential winner status purposes, without further compensation. Even though you consent to all of the above, Sponsor has no obligation to do any of it.
4. When does the contest start/end?
You may enter the Contest between September 14, 2022 and September 26, 2022 as outlined below (“Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted. All times referenced in these Official Rules are Eastern Times.
You will select the one of the following cities you would like to attend.
Calgary – Scotiabank Theatre Chinook
Edmonton – Cineplex Odeon South
Hamilton – Cineplex Hamilton Mountain
Kamloops – Cineplex Aberdeen Mall
Kitchener – Cineplex Kitchener
London – Cineplex Cinemas Westmount
Ottawa – Cineplex Lansdowne
Regina – Cineplex Cinemas Normanview
Saskatoon – Scotiabank Theatre
Toronto – Cineplex Younge-Dundas
Vancouver – Scotiabank Theatre
Winnipeg – Silvercity St. Vital Centre
5. How do I enter the contest?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
There is a limit of one online (1) entry per SIRIUS Canada or XM Canada subscription. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than one (1) time during the Contest Period (as defined below) then you will be disqualified from the Contest and all of your entries will be void.
Starting at 10 am ET on September 14, 2022 until 11:59 pm ET on September 26, 2022 (the “Contest Period”), entries may be made:
All entries become the property of SiriusXM Canada Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned.
If you are entering the Contest via the Internet, you may only enter this Contest if your browser permits connection to a secure, industry-standard SSL-enabled server. SiriusXM Canada Inc. assumes no responsibility for tampering, theft, defects, human errors including extreme negligence, deletions, technical or telephone problems, undeliverable messages, computer errors, lost, misdirected, late or incomplete entries or for any online difficulties that may result in the failure to consider an Entrant for the prize offered. Click here for more information on the security associated with the website. Further, SiriusXM Canada Inc. reserves the right to modify or cancel this Contest without prior notice and is not responsible for production or printing errors, technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including lost, misappropriated or corrupted entries, virus damage or any other damage which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. SiriusXM Canada Inc. is not responsible for any entries that are incomplete, lost, misdirected or destroyed.
7. Could my entry be refused or rejected?
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules. Entrants who have not complied with these Rules are subject to disqualification. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of SiriusXM Canada Inc., which shall be final and binding in all respects. SiriusXM Canada Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be:
- Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; or
- You attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- Your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- Acting in violation of the Rules. By entering, you agree to not knowingly: i. interfere in or cause any interruption of the Contest; ii. prevent others from participating in the Contest; or iii. obtain or modify another user’s non-public account information without his/her consent.
- Your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
8. What are the conditions of entry?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that: (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by SiriusXM Canada as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsor the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by SiriusXM Canada pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules; and
- you waive and forever discharge the Sponsor, Live Nation Canada, Inc. (“Live Nation”) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, including participating in travel or any activity related to the prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules;
- you agree to comply with all applicable orders, directives, guidelines, COVID-19 procedures, COVID- 19 related bylaws, and public health and safety regulations issued by federal, provincial and municipal authorities. Such guidelines and bylaws include without limitation, requirements related to vaccination, hand sanitation, self-isolation, social and physical distancing, and use of face coverings as may be applicable.
9. What are the contest prizes?
There are (13) prizes available to be won as follows:
- (2) general admission tickets to the 30th Anniversary release of “Fully Completely” with special ATMOS Audio screening events with a nationally scoped Cineplex event on Wednesday, October 5th. This will be a one-night-only experience featuring a pre-recorded interview with the band, ATMOS playback of Fully Completely in full (with special visuals created for each song) and a screening of ‘Heksenketel’, the 1993 documentary/concert film about TTH’s “Another Roadside Attraction” tour that has previously only been available on VHS.… All told a fantastically fun 2-hour experience for all TTH fans to come together and hear this classic album like never before!
Approximate Retail Value of each prize is (ARV): $100.00 CDN. Estimated value of prize does not include applicable taxes. Selection of concert seat location is solely within Live Nation’s discretion. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including. Prize winner and guest must abide by any rules or requirements of the event venues, Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, in whole or in part. SiriusXM Canada reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize or prize element awarded for a prize or prize element of similar or greater value. All federal, provincial, municipal, local and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Notification and Distribution
The Selected Entrant will be notified by telephone at the number provided by the Selected Entrant on his or her ballot. If the Selected Entrant is not available to receive the notification telephone call at the time SiriusXM Canada chooses to contact the Selected Entrant:
- If possible, SiriusXM Canada will record a voicemail message at the telephone number provided by the Selected Entrant. The voicemail message will include a telephone number at which SiriusXM Canada may be contacted. The Selected Entrant must call SiriusXM Canada at this number and must acknowledge receipt of SiriusXM Canada’s voicemail message within twenty-four (24) hours of such voicemail message being recorded by SiriusXM Canada at the telephone number provided by the Selected Entrant, or;
- If it is not possible to record a voicemail message destined for the Selected Entrant, SiriusXM Canada will attempt to contact the Selected Entrant by telephone two (2) further times within twenty-four (24) hours of the first such contact attempt (for a total of three (3) contact attempts).
11. Skill-Testing Question/Compliance with Rules/ Release of Liability
In order to win a prize, the Selected Entrant will be contacted by telephone and will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or electronic, a mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone and may be required to sign a Declaration of Compliance with the Rules and a Release of Liability (collectively the “Declaration and Release Documents”), releasing SiriusXM Canada, their advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, parents, subsidiaries, member clubs, affiliates, representatives and agents of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, governors, partners, employees, consultants, agents, representatives, their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with participation in this Contest or the prize.
Declaration and Release Documents will be sent to winning Entrants together with their notification and must be returned within twenty-four (24) hours of the date indicated on the documents or the prize will be forfeited. Winner is responsible for the proper use of prize as determined by SiriusXM Canada. Entrants will be required to provide proof of age and residence and identify and confirm compliance with all Rules before being declared a winner. In awarding prize, the decision of SiriusXM Canada is final. By accepting a prize, prize winner agrees to his/her name and/or photo and/or likeness being used by SiriusXM Canada without notice or compensation for publicity purposes.
In the event a prize winner is unable to redeem any or all of the prize components for reasons beyond the control of SiriusXM Canada, and the prize suppliers, no compensation or substitutions will be provided. If a Selected Entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to sign and return the Declaration and Release Documents, or is found to have violated the Rules of the Contest or otherwise does not meet all Contest conditions, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the prize in question and SiriusXM Canada shall be entitled to select a new name from the qualified Entrants, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
12. Laws and Regulations
All federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply. Any Contest entries not complying with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or regulations will be considered to be null and void. All applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. By participating in this Contest, the Entrant acknowledges that they have read the Rules and agreed to abide by their terms and by the decisions of SiriusXM Canada. All decisions of SiriusXM Canada are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
13. Important Information
In the case of entries received via the Internet, Entrants will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the Registration Form at the time of registration. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person to whom an e-mail address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning individual e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries become the property of SiriusXM Canada and will not be acknowledged or returned to Entrants. A potential winner may be requested to provide SiriusXM Canada with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Rules. Entrants who have not complied with these Rules are subject to disqualification. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of SiriusXM Canada, which shall be final and binding in all respects. SiriusXM Canada reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be:
- Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; or
- Acting in violation of the Rules. By entering, you agree to not knowingly:
- interfere in or cause any interruption of the Contest;
- prevent others from participating in the Contest; or
- obtain or modify another user’s non-public account information without their consent.
- Any use of automated devices is prohibited.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT, REPRESENTATIVE OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SIRIUSXM CANADA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. Limitation of Liability
BY ENTERING, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SIRIUSXM CANADA AND THE RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND ENTRANTS SHALL HOLD THEM HARMLESS FROM, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, INCLUDING COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (“LOSSES”) WITH RESPECT TO OR IN ANY WAY ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR RELATED PRIZE. THE RELEASEES MAKE NO WARRANTY, GUARANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE AND DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. SIRIUSXM CANADA AND RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSESS IN CONNECTION WITH (i) INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING IF CAUSED BY WEBSITE USERS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING OF SUBMISSIONS IN THE CONTEST, (ii) PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, DATA TRANSMISSION FAILURE OR E-MAIL, OR ANY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION, (iii) ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECTION, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR AUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ENTRIES OR (iv) DAMAGES TO ENTRANTS OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING DAMAGES TO THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEM, RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ENTERING, PARTICIPATING OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS IN THIS CONTEST. FOR GREATER CERTAINTY, SIRIUSXM CANADA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, INCOMPLETE, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPREHENSIBLE OR MISDIRECTED ENTRIES, BUGS, FAILURE IN SERVERS, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE TRANSMISSION FAILURE OR LOSS, DELAYED OR CORRUPTED DATA TRANSMISSION.
YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED ABOVE) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE OR USE OR REDEMPTION OF ANY PRIZE.
IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE CONTEST CANNOT RUN AS PLANNED OR THE PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED, INCLUDING BY REASON OF INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF SPONSOR WHICH CORRUPT OR AFFECT THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THE CONTEST, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE CONTEST AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE ENTRANTS. IN SUCH EVENT, NO ENTRANTS WILL BE SELECTED OR ELIGIBLE TO WIN ANY PRIZE AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH TERMINATION AND WINNER WILL NOT BE PROVIDED WITH A SUBSTITUTE PRIZE OR CASH EQUIVALENT.
© SiriusXM Canada Inc. 2022