Big news for NFL fans! SiriusXM is going to be providing listeners nationwide with comprehensive coverage of the 2016 NFL Draft, with live coverage of every selection from every round, as well as four days of special programming – across several channels – live from Chicago.
From the first round on Thursday, April 28, through the final round on Saturday, April 30, SiriusXM NFL Radio (channel 88) will broadcast live from the 2016 NFL Draft as it happens at Chicago’s Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University (coverage airs Thursday and Friday from 6:00 pm – midnight ET; Saturday from noon – 7:00 pm ET). Listeners will hear the live announcements of all 32 teams’ selections through all seven rounds, as well as interviews with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and dozens of draftees, general managers and coaches.
SiriusXM NFL Radio‘s on-site broadcast team in the Auditorium Theatre will feature:
- Gil Brandt, former longtime player personnel executive for the Dallas Cowboys
- Pat Kirwan, former NFL scout, coach and front-office executive
- Jim Miller, former veteran NFL quarterback
- Phil Savage, former college coach and NFL general manager
- Jason Horowitz, lead host for SiriusXM’s Draft coverage
From Wednesday, April 27 through Saturday, April 30, SiriusXM will supplement its NFL Draft coverage with several special programs originating live from Chicago:
- Chicago native Jenny McCarthy will host her SiriusXM show, Dirty, Sexy, Funny with Jenny McCarthy from Draft-Town in Grant Park on Thursday (5:00 to 7:00 pm ET; the show will air on SiriusXM Stars, channel 109, on Friday, April 29 at 10:00 am ET). Jim Miller, who played quarterback for the Bears from 1998 through 2002, will join McCarthy on the show.
- On Wednesday, Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan will broadcast from NFL Play 60 in Grant Park (11:00 am – 1:00 pm ET on SiriusXM NFL Radio). Later that night, Gil Brandt and Alex Marvez will host live (8:00 – 11:00 pm ET on SiriusXM NFL Radio) from the NFL Draft Eve Party. Both broadcasts will feature interviews with NFL legends, current players and prospects in attendance.
- On Thursday and Friday, Miller and Kirwan will host their daily SiriusXM NFL Radio show, Movin’ the Chains, from Grant Park starting at 3:00 pm ET and leading into each day’s Draft coverage.
- On Saturday former Tennessee Titans lineman Brad Hopkins, who was that franchise’s first round pick in 1993, and Alex Marvez will host a special NFL Draft-focused show live from Grant Park (2:00 to 4:00 pm ET on Mad Dog Sports Radio, channel 82).
- SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (XM channel 87 and Sirius channel 210) will also be in Chicago, broadcasting live from Grant Park all three days of the Draft. The channel’s coverage will air Thursday (8:00 pm to midnight ET), Friday (7:00 to 11:00 pm ET) and Saturday (noon to 7:00 pm ET) featuring pick by pick analysis from a fantasy football perspective. Hosts John Hansen, Jeff Mans, Mike Dempsey, Bob Harris, Pilar Lastra, Brandon Marianne Leeand Jeff Ratcliffe will all be part of the coverage, airing live in front of the fans at Draft-Town.
As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, SiriusXM airs live play-by-play of every NFL game from the pre-season through the Super Bowl. All NFL games are available to SiriusXM subscribers on their satellite radios. Those subscribers with the SiriusXM All Access package – which includes satellite radio and internet listening – also get authenticated access to every NFL game via the SiriusXM app and at SiriusXM.ca.