Whether you’re looking to bro-out over sports, laugh along to comedy or debate the latest political gaffes, SiriusXM’s new and improved Faction Talk (Ch. 103) has a show for you.
Faction Talk brings five of your favorite SiriusXM talents together for wall-to-wall radio. From 8 am to 10 pm ET, hear live hot takes from distinctive voices Jim Norton & Sam Roberts, Covino & Rich, Jason Ellis, Craig Ferguson and Nick DiPaolo.
What makes these stars so special? Keep reading to learn more about their shows and fun facts even longtime listeners and hardcore fans may not know.
JIM NORTON AND SAM ROBERTS: 8 am ET
Jim Norton and Sam Roberts tackle the top stories, current events, pop culture and the latest in their personal lives with good-natured humour, sprinkling in the country’s top comedians and celebrity guests along the way for a gallivanting good time.
- Jim and Sam co-raise an orphaned rescue dog named Travis.
- Jim and Sam are two guys who think if you don’t want to do the time, you shouldn’t do the crime.
- Jim and Sam spend a two-week vacation together in Thailand each year.
- Jim and Sam use large font when texting on airplanes.
- Jim and Sam enjoy attending Lemon Parties.
COVINO & RICH: 11 am ET
An interactive show that keeps you in the know, Covino & Rich focus on lifestyle, relationships, entertainment, and sports. If you’re talking about it, Covino & Rich are talking about.
- Covino & Rich go way back, even beyond the 13 years on the air. They met through mutual friends, immediately hit it off and have been talking about the same dumb nonsense since then.
- Covino & Rich both received karmic justice by each having a beautiful daughter.
- Covino & Rich’s producer Spot, famous for his big beard, has appeared on Cupcake Wars and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- While alike in many ways, they’re complete opposites. Covino loves rock music and Rich loves pop music. So it only makes sense that in addition to their talk show on Faction Talk, Covino can be heard on SiriusXM Octane, and Rich can be heard on Pop2K and Hits1.
- When Covino & Rich moved the show to Los Angeles, they broadcast their first show live from Henry Winkler’s (aka the Fonz’s) house. They endearingly refer to him as Uncle Henry.
THE JASON ELLIS SHOW: 2 pm ET
It’s a show so good that if you have their special sense of humour, it will be the best show you’ll ever hear.
- Jason lives life to the fullest with MMA training.
- Jason enjoys long walks on the beach.
- Jason must love pets.
- Jason is on the hunt for Sasquatch.
- Jason is a ghost enthusiast.
THE CRAIG FERGUSON SHOW: 6 pm ET
The Craig Ferguson Show is a drive-time chat show featuring celebrity guests, call-ins and Craig’s ramblings on the day’s events.
- Craig loves cats so much it hurts.
- Craig is a “Wierd Al-ian”.
- Craig’s feet are bigger than Shaq’s.
- Craig based the accent he used for Mr. Wick on Dick Van Dyke’s accent in “Mary Poppins”.
- Craig thinks you actually knew some of these things, but if you didn’t it’s because they’re lies.
THE NICK DIPAOLO SHOW 8 pm ET
The Nick Di Paolo Show fuses together everything great radio should be: Raw honesty, razor sharp wit, social relevance and strong political opinions — all while being a little bit reckless.
- Nick played Division 1 college football as a running back at The University of Maine.
- Nick was twice nominated for an Emmy for his writing on HBO’s The Chris Rock Show.
- Originally from Danvers, Massachusetts, Nick sold steaks door to door, and one of his clients was Cyndi Lauper.
- Nick shares his Jan. 31 birthday with Justin Timberlake, Jackie Robinson and Carol Channing
- Nick dedicates a large part of his time to perform for the military and charities. He has done multiple tours overseas with the USO and is a regular part of Comics Come Home, which raises money for cancer patients and their families.