SiriusXM Canada, the country’s leading audio entertainment company and the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, today announced its wide-ranging audio coverage for Super Bowl LI, offering multiple live broadcasts of the game in seven languages, a dedicated Super Bowl LI pop up channel, plus an unparalleled mix of sports, entertainment and music programming throughout Super Bowl Week.
On Sunday, February 5 (6:00 pm ET), SiriusXM’s coverage of Super Bowl LI from Houston, TX, will provide listeners with 9 different game broadcasts to choose from:
- New England Patriots team broadcast – Sirius 81 / XM 225 / App 819
- Atlanta Falcons team broadcast – Sirius 82 / XM 82 / App 801
- Westwood One national radio broadcast – Sirius 88 / XM 88 / App 88
- Chinese broadcast –XM 226
- German broadcast –XM 227
- French broadcast –XM 228
- Japanese broadcast –XM 229
- Hungarian broadcast – Sirius 119 / XM 230
- Flemish broadcast –XM 231
All broadcasts of Super Bowl LI will air nationwide on satellite radios, and are also available on the SiriusXM app and at SiriusXM.ca for authenticated.
During the Pepsi Super Bowl LI Halftime Show, SiriusXM will offer listeners a broadcast of the on-field musical performance by Lady Gaga on SiriusXM Hits 1.
SiriusXM NFL Radio (channel 88) will broadcast live every day from the NFL’s Radio Row in Houston, offering listeners the latest news and expert analysis, plus dozens of interviews daily with players, coaches, league executives and celebrities in town for the event. SiriusXM NFL Radio hosts in Houston will include Gil Brandt, Tim Brown, David Diehl, Pat Kirwan, James Lofton, Jim Miller, Jason Taylor, Erik Coleman, Carl Banks, Kirk Morrison, Bob Papa, Alex Marvez, Bruce Murray and Howard Balzer.
On Saturday, Feb. 4, SiriusXM NFL Radio will have live interviews from the red carpet before the annual NFL Honors event that salutes the top players and performers of the 2016 season, including the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year presented by Nationwide, the AP Most Valuable Player, AP Coach of the Year and more. Listeners will also hear live coverage of the announcement of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2017, plus interviews with the newly elected Hall of Famers.
Several other SiriusXM sports, entertainment and music channels will broadcast from Houston throughout Super Bowl Week, culminating in a showcase day of programming on Friday, February 3.
- Jenny McCarthy will host a special edition of The Jenny McCarthy Show live from Radio Row on Friday at 10:00 am ET/9:00 am CT (SiriusXM Stars, channel 109).
- Craig Ferguson will be on the SiriusXM set to discuss the debut of his upcoming new SiriusXM show, The Craig Ferguson Show, on Friday from Radio Row.
- Joel and Victoria Osteen will tape a special show from Radio Row at noon ET/11:00 am CT on Friday (airs Friday at 5:00 pm ET on Joel Osteen Radio, SiriusXM 128).
- Additionally, on Wednesday, Feb. 1, on Radio Row, Victoria Osteen will host a special edition of her weekly show. Victoria will speak with the mothers and wives of NFL players, who will share the joys and challenges of watching their sons and husbands play the game. (noon ET/11:00 am CT on Joel Osteen Radio, SiriusXM 128)
- Maria Menounos will host her SiriusXM show, Conversations with Maria Menounos, live from Radio Row on Friday (1:00 pm ET/noon CT on SiriusXM Stars, channel 109).
- Sway Calloway will host Sway in the Morning, his daily show on Eminem’s Shade 45 channel, from Radio Row 2 on Friday at 8:00 am ET/7:00 am CT (SiriusXM 45). Sway will also host his show live from the Prospect Park Restaurant at Houston’s Galleria on Thursday at 8:00 am ET/7:00 am CT.
- Gary Dell’Abate and Jon Hein will host The Howard Stern Wrap Up Show on Howard Stern’s exclusive SiriusXM channel, Howard 100, on Friday at 11:00 am ET/10:00 am CT live from Radio Row.
- SiriusXM’s Business Radio, in collaboration with The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and RISE (The Ross Initiative in Sports for Equality), will broadcast a special panel discussion with several current and former NFL players on the rise of athlete activism and the recent examples of high profile players who have spoken out about off the field matters. The show, airing live on Friday from the McCoy Auditorium at Texas Southern University, will be hosted by Wharton professors and Business Radio hosts Ken Shropshire and Scott Rosner with special guests Detroit Lions receiver Anquan Boldin, Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins and New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings. (Friday at 5:00 pm ET/4:00 pm CT on Business Radio Powered by The Wharton School, SiriusXM 111).
- Former NFL All-Pro running back Maurice Jones-Drew will host his SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio show from Radio Row on Friday at 1:00 pm ET/noon CT. (Sirius channel 210, XM channel 87).
Other SiriusXM highlights for Super Bowl Week:
SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Sports Radio (channel 82) will broadcast live from Radio Row throughout the week, featuring shows hosted by Christopher ‘Mad Dog’ Russo, Adam Schein, Evan Cohen and Mike Babchik, Nicole Zaloumis and Ric Bucher, and Steve Torre.
SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio (Sirius 210, XM 87) will feature a variety of shows on Radio Row from Wednesday through Friday, hosted by Maurice Jones-Drew (Wed., Thurs. & Fri.), as well as experts Mike Dempsey, Bob Harris, John Hansen and Jeff Mans.
SiriusXM NFL Radio and SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio will broadcast several live shows during Super Bowl week from the Genesis display at the NFL Experience in the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.
Covino & Rich, hosted by Steve Covino and Rich Davis on SiriusXM Rush (channel 93), will broadcast from Radio Row and other hotspots around Houston.
Business Radio hosts Ken Shropshire and Scott Rosner will host their show, The Wharton Sports Business Show, live from Radio Row on Thursday at 5:00 pm ET/4:00 pm CT. They will be followed by Wharton Moneyball at 6:00 pm ET/5:00 pm PT, hosted by statistician experts Shane Jensen, Cade Massey and Adi Wyner (channel 111).
SiriusXM will also launch a limited-run channel dedicated to airing popular songs that rock stadiums and arenas. Starting on Friday, February 3 at 5:00 pm ET and airing through Super Bowl weekend, SiriusXM’s Hair Nation, channel 39, will become SiriusXM’s Stadium Jamz Channel featuring songs to fire up football fans, including Blur’s Song 2, Europe’s The Final Countdown, 2 Unlimited with Get Ready For This, plus well-known tunes by Guns n’ Roses, AC/DC, The White Stripes and more.
As the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, SiriusXM broadcasts every NFL game live nationwide, from the preseason through the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl.