Pearl Jam + Soundgarden = Temple of the Dog.
Two of the biggest bands of the 1990s, with a string of classic albums that have stood the time. But before both bands made it to mass popularity, members of both bands joined forces as Temple of the Dog, including Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell and Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready on lead guitar. The purpose was to pay tribute to Andrew Wood, the singer of Seatlle group Mother Love Bone who died far to young due to a heroin overdose.
This year, Temple of the Dog reissued their one and only album and embarked upon a short tour, during which Cornell sat down for an installment of In Conversation with Mike McCready. The duo talk about the past, present and future of both their bands.
Hear Chris Cornell In Conversation With Mike McCready on Pearl Jam Radio:
- Friday, December 16th at 6 pm ET
- Saturday, December 17th at 12 pm ET
- Sunday, December 18th at 7 pm ET
- Monday, December 19th at 11 am ET
- Tuesday, December 20th at 8 pm ET
- Wednesday, December 21st at 12 pm ET
- Thursday, December 22nd at 8 am ET