SiriusXM on Apple devices
Play SiriusXM audio and video via Apple TV
With Apple TV, subscribers with the SiriusXM app get the full SiriusXM experience—including music for every mood, podcasts, and exclusive in-studio video—right through their TV.
To Play SiriusXM on Apple TV:
1. Open the SiriusXM app on a smartphone or tablet connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Apple TV, and allow authentication.
2. Use any web browser to enter the activation code displayed on the TV.
3. Use the remote to manually enter your login information.
AirPlay SiriusXM from your iPhone or iPad
With Apple TV or HomePod Mini and the SiriusXM app on your phone or tablet, you can listen to your favourite content wirelessly with a quick tap. Enjoy your favourite programming, and get recommendations based on what you play.
SiriusXM using Apple CarPlay
With Apple CarPlay, listen to SiriusXM on the SiriusXM app and enjoy our mobile in-car experience. Listen to all of the SiriusXM streaming channels included in your subscription, plus all the content in your Library with CarPlay. CarPlay does not connect to the vehicle’s satellite radio. It streams SiriusXM from an iPhone, which requires mobile data or internet service.
To listen to SiriusXM using Apple CarPlay:
1. Install the SiriusXM app on your iOS device. You will need a cellular data plan to stream without a Wi-Fi connection.
2. Connect your device to your CarPlay-enabled radio. Some radios require a USB connection, and others support wireless CarPlay. Please click here for CarPlay setup and support questions.
3. Ensure you are logged into the app on your mobile device, then select SiriusXM from the dashboard interface.
It is possible to listen to SiriusXM satellite radio while also having Apple CarPlay enabled for other applications. Steering wheel controls may be required in order to select the audio source and to change channels, instead of the embedded dashboard screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
What channels and features are available with SiriusXM on Apple TV?
Apple TV contains many of the same features as the SiriusXM app and web player (podcasts, video, rewind, fast forward, and more). Downloads and live video are not available at this time.
Can I schedule the SiriusXM app to stop playing with Apple’s sleep timer function?
Yes, you can. Just open the Clock app on your iOS device and tap the Timer tab (at the bottom right of your screen). Change the When Timer Ends option to Stop Playing (at the bottom of the list). Then, set the timer for when you want the SiriusXM app to stop playing, and tap Start. That’s all there is to it.